Monday, December 5, 2016

A lost dog, a lost key, and some poop bags, oh my!

Sometimes I find things I don't keep!

As I was walking with three friends tonight we came across a sweet sweatered (is that a word?) miniature poodle. And, gadzooks, her tag said she lived quite a ways away. I called the number on the tag and a woman answered with, "Do you have my dog?" She was super happy and the crazy thing was that she was talking to me on her phone and she was just about fifty feet away...she was out looking but she hadn't seen her dog. So, yay for sweet reuniting. Boo for neglecting to photograph that sweet doggy.

And before that, and totally less thrilling, I came across a house key in the road. We noted the location and I slipped it into my pocket. It's posted on the neighborhood listserv and hopefully I'll find its owner, too!

While this exciting evening walk was decidedly void of poop bag finds, I'm still way ahead because I found two bags on recent walks. Both of which were found when I was walking with a brand new friend who had no idea about my proclivity for poop bag finding. We'd only just begun walking when I had to basically inform her...

"Hi, I'm Kali, and I'm a doggy poop bag finder." 

Seriously, I need a twelve step group!

Score #1

Score #2


And then I picked up other people's discarded poop bags. 
I'm an equal opportunity poop bag retrieval kind of gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment